Test your knowledge with this quick cybersecurity quiz!
Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting systems, networks, programs, and data from digital attacks that are usually aimed at accessing, changing, or destroying sensitive information; extorting money from users; or interrupting normal business processes. (MRSC, 2021)
Types of cybersecurity threats
- Phishing — sending fraudulent emails that resemble emails from reputable sources. Phishing is currently the biggest threat to districts.
- Ransomware — malicious software designed to extort money by blocking access to files or the computer system until the ransom is paid.
- Malware — malicious software designed to gain unauthorized access or to cause damage to a computer.
- Cybersecurity education
- Update your passwords regularly
- Test for a security breach
- Consider cybersecurity insurance
- Attend our webinar! >
Ready to learn more about cybersecurity for special districts?
View our on-demand webinar: