Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Full time–Sacramento CA or remote
Streamline was created to transform how special districts (think: the most local version of local government) engage citizens online. There is plenty of room to grow – both for the company and for the right people who join our team. Unlike many startups, we are self-funded and very stable–you’ll be joining a team completely focused on the mission of helping local government agencies with online compliance and citizen engagement.
The Streamline Web platform is a content management system designed for special districts, with tools like a Meeting Dashboard, agenda posting reminders, Transparency Dashboard and more, all designed to help them comply with state mandates… no matter the state they operate in. (We currently have clients in CA, OR and IL.) Our other tools solve similar needs for local government agencies when it comes to online compliance.
- Collaborate with the product lead to set product priorities and come up with ways to improve the customer and user experience.
- Work with customer support to troubleshoot issues, fix bugs, and smooth out points of friction for users.
- Design and build new functionality for the Streamline platform, all the way from the Ruby on Rails backend to the React and AngularJS 1.x frontend.
- Refactor and upgrade our existing codebase to keep it current and maintainable (for example by transitioning to a more modern frontend framework).
You have at least 1 year meaningful, professional working experience with all of the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- AngularJS 1.x
- WebDriver/Selenium-based testing
- You have experience with some of the following:
- GraphQL (and the Apollo Client for React)
- AWS (CloudFormation, EC2 AutoScaling, etc.)
- You are customer-focused and have demonstrable good taste for UI/UX.
- You think big-picture and you’re not finished until you’re confident your code can stand the test of time; you have the right attitude to work on a multi-tenant SaaS platform with 100+ paying customers (aka you understand that features without testing are not features ready to roll out to our entire client base, and are willing to put in the extra work to make sure nothing breaks).
- You’re empathetic and can put yourself in the shoes of nontechnical clients to understand usability from their perspective, and you aren’t afraid of or unwilling to talk to clients to improve the product. (It goes without saying that you have excellent written / verbal communication skills!)
We value strong team members who are driven to improve their craft, who are decisive, self-directing, and who take great pride in their work. Is this you? If so please apply below.
Learn more about what we’re up to at http://www.getstreamline.com/
Why you should join our team
Streamline’s parent company, Digital Deployment, invests heavily in its work culture and its people and has been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work.” And it shows: our clients and customers love working with us. We honor each other’s strengths and contributions and we learn new stuff all the time. We tick all the boxes: great pay, full benefits, 401k, unlimited paid time off, free on-site food. (Once Slack has a food transportation option, we’ll Slack you food if you’re remote.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are currently considering U.S.-based applicants only.
Apply on our parent company website. We look forward to hearing from you!