If you don't see the job for you listed below, but you're intrigued by what we're up to and think you have something to contribute to our team and our mission, feel free to contact us. We're always looking for good people!
Software Engineer - Streamline Team
Full-time / Sacramento, CA or remote
We're looking for a great software engineer to join our two current engineers in the Streamline business unit. As one of the ground floor hires on the growing Streamline team, you will use your full-stack experience to design and develop new features for SaaS products used by special districts and other local government entities nationwide.
- Designing, architecting, developing, testing, and documenting new features based on the product roadmap and market needs
- Digging deep to refactor existing code and fix bugs
- Reviewing team members’ pull requests, learning from your peers and letting your peers learn from you
- Contributing relevant improvements back to the open source projects we use
- You have experience developing web applications, and you are passionate about delighting your users and making their lives better
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails and Angular (we use those frameworks extensively)
- You have some experience with React and Node.js (we use these a little bit)
- You recognize that maintainable code and automated testing are a must-have in a software product business
- You are determined to learn and figure out the nitty-gritty of how something works, and you know when is a good time to ask a team member for help
Streamline offers, among other online tools, a SaaS web platform that allows special districts and other local government agencies to communicate online and comply with transparency laws and guidelines. We have unique strategic partnerships and inside local government experience, and we believe that by doing good for this technologically underserved market, we will do well.
Our parent company, Digital Deployment, (www.digitaldeployment.com) has been working with institutions, associations, non-profits, and other organizations locally and nationwide since 2004 to empower them to communicate online and connect with their constituents. We host and maintain about 200 client websites and we provide extraordinary training and support as part of our monthly service agreement.
Why you should join
We invest heavily in our work culture and our people. We have been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work” and "Healthiest Places to Work." And it shows: our clients and customers love working with us. We honor each other’s strengths and contributions and we learn new stuff all the time. We tick all the boxes: great pay, full benefits, 401k, unlimited paid time off, free on-site food. (Once Slack has a food transportation option, we’ll Slack you food if you’re remote.)