Streamline Community Manager
Streamline builds website software for local government. We currently have two platforms: Streamline Web, a website tool helping over 120 agencies build and maintain a website that keeps them compliant with state and federal requirements; and our free Enterprise System Catalog tool, ensuring over 500 local government agencies are able to comply with a recent state law added to the Public Records Act.
We work in partnership with the California Special District Association and other partners to build tools that meet the needs of our clients and keep them safe when it comes to online compliance.
Your job will be to help onboard 200 more Streamline Web clients this year (and keep them happy with stellar support) while helping grow the capacities of the company as a whole. It's a big undertaking at a very mission-driven company.
- Take incoming leads from marketing efforts, schedule demos, and onboard new clients (build demo site, schedule and provide personalized demo, and set them up in trial).
- Keep our CRM up to date with all details about leads and status.
- Support existing clients in support portal, answering tickets and referring to knowledge base. Update knowledge base as needed to align with new features.
- Curate the forums to determine what feature requests are most needed, reply to all and engage with clients.
- Help set priorities for product development and make process improvements to improve the whole customer experience from onboarding to support.
- Do full migrations (moving existing site content into new Streamline sandbox) when schedule and demand warrants, and/or manage contractors and outsourced resources to do migrations.
- Attend conferences and “know” the clients who will be there, be able to build demo sites on demand and promote the mission of the company. (You will need to love these people!)
- Manage an outsourced resource (like Upwork for example) to update data on our districts based upon research you define and they complete.
- Learn everything there is to know about the local government / special district market, to better connect with clients and support the business. (It’s ok if this happens over time.)
- You are (or can become) passionate about local government and what it can accomplish. (Bonus: you understand the challenges special districts face and are excited to be of service.)
- You have good taste: not necessarily a design background, but you know what good looks like (or simply how to rectify bad content, and teach clients good vs bad).
- You can learn our platform (which is pretty straightforward) and are excited to help our users get the most out of it - including telling them when they are using it incorrectly. This is a tough love situation. :)
- You want to join a team with unlimited potential, helping Streamline conquer the special district space.
Streamline is a bootstrapped startup serving special districts with a targeted cloud-based CMS (content management system) website platform designed to make staying compliant easier with tools like a meeting dashboard, agenda reminders, and built-in transparency dashboard. We currently have customers in three states and are positioning ourselves to expand to the entire U.S., then worldwide.
Our parent company, Digital Deployment, has been working with institutions, associations, non-profits, and other organizations locally and nationwide since 2004 to empower them to communicate online and connect with their constituents. We host and maintain more than 200 client websites and provide extraordinary training and support.
Why you should join our team
We invest heavily in our work culture and people. We’ve been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work” and it shows: our clients and customers love working with us. We honor each other’s strengths and contributions and we learn new stuff all the time. We tick all the boxes: great pay, full benefits, 401k, unlimited paid time off, free on-site food.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are currently considering U.S.-based applicants only.
Apply on our parent company website. We look forward to hearing from you!